Check the latest publications related to medical applications of our technology:
- C. Rodriguez, V. Torres Costa, O. Ahumada, V. Cebrian, C. Gómez-Abad, A. Díaz and M. Manso Silván, “Gold nanoparticle triggered dual optoplasmonic-impedimetric sensing of prostate-specific antigen on interdigitated porous silicon platforms”. Sensors and Actuators B 267 (2018) 559–564.
- C. Rodriguez, O. Ahumada, V. Cebrian, V. Torres Costa and M. Manso Silvan, “Biofunctional porous silicon micropatterns engineered through visible light activated epoxy capping and selective plasma etching”. Vacuum 150 (2018) 232-238.
- Kosaka PM, Pini V, Calleja M, Tamayo J “Ultrasensitive detection of HIV-1 p24 antigen by a hybrid nanomechanical-optoplasmonic platform with potential for detecting HIV-1 at first week after infection”. PLoS ONE 12(2) (2017)
- Anna Puiggalí-Jou, Luis J. del Valle, Carlos Alemán and Maria M. Pérez-Madrigal ” Weighing biointeractions between fibrin (ogen) and clot-binding peptides using microcantilever sensors”, Journal of Peptide Science (2016)
- Carmen M. Domínguez, Priscila M. Kosaka, Alma Sotillo, Jesús Mingorance, Javier Tamayo, and Montserrat Calleja “Label-Free DNA-Based Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Rifampicin Resistance through Hydration Induced Stress in Microcantilevers”, Anal. Chem., 87 (3), pp 1494–1498 (2015)
- Gallach Pérez D, Punzón Quijorna E, Sanz R, Torres-Costa V, García Ruiz JP, Manso Silván M “Nanotopography enhanced mobility determines mesenchymal stem cell distribution on micropatterned semiconductors bearing nanorough areas”, Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces, 126:146-53 (2015)
- Stefano Stassi, Valentina Cauda, Sonia Fiorillia and Carlo Ricciardi “Surface area enhancement by mesoporous silica deposition on microcantilever sensors for small molecule detection”, J. Mater. Chem. C, 3, 12507-12513 (2015)
- Pilar Carreras, Itziar Gonzalez, Oscar Ahumada “Ultrasonic enrichment of flowing blood cells in capillars: influence of the flow rate”, Physics Procedia (2015)
- Priscila M Kosaka, Valerio Pini, JJ Ruz, RA da Silva, MU González, D Ramos, Montserrat Calleja, J Tamayo, “Detection of cancer biomarkers in serum using a hybrid mechanical and optoplasmonic nanosensor”, Nature nanotechnology, 9, 12, 1047-1053 (2014)
- Thi Thanh Tuyen Le, Van Tho Pham, Thanh Nhat Khoa Phan, Van Binh Pham, Van Thao Le and Duy Hien Tong, “Detecting the golgi protein 73 of liver cancer with micro cantilever”, Adv. Nat. Sci.: Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 5, 045016 (4pp) (2014)
- Carmen M. Domínguez, Priscila M. Kosaka, Guillermo Mokry, Valerio Pini, Oscar Malvar, Mercedes del Rey, Daniel Ramos, Álvaro San Paulo, Javier Tamayo, and Montserrat Calleja. “Hydration Induced Stress on DNA Monolayers Grafted on Microcantilevers”, Langmuir, 2014, 30 (36), pp 10962–10969 (2014)
- M. Kosaka, Javier Tamayo, José J. Ruíz, Sara Puertas, Ester Polo, Valeria Grazu, José M. de la Fuente, and Montserrat Calleja, “Tackling reproducibility in microcantilever biosensors: a statistical approach for sensitive and specific end-point detection of immunoreactions “, Analyst, 138, 863 (2013)
- E. Rebollar, M. Sanz, C. Esteves, N. F. Martínez, O. Ahumada, M. Castillejo, “Gold coating of micromechanical DNA biosensors by pulsed laser deposition “, J. Appl. Phys. 112, 084330 (2012)
- M. Calleja, P. Kosaka, A. San Paulo and J. Tamayo, “Challenges for nanomechanical sensors in biological detection “,Nanoscale, 4, 4925 (2012)
- J. Mertens, J. Tamayo, P. Kosaka and M. Calleja, “Observation of spermidine-induced attractive forces in self-assembled monolayers of single stranded DNA using a microcantilever sensor “, Applied Physics Letters, 98, 153704 (2011)
- J. Mertens, C. Rogero, M. Calleja, D. Ramos, J. A. Martín-Gago, C. Briones and J. Tamayo, “Label-free detection of DNA hybridization based on hydration-induced tension in nucleic acid films “, Nature Nanotechnology, 3, 301-307 (2008)
Here you can find several oral and poster presentations about biomedicine using Mecwins’ technology:
- C. Rodriguez, V. Torres Costa, O. Ahumada, V. Cebrián, C. Gómez Abad, A. Thon, A. Salvador Matar, M. Manso-Silván, “Composite silanized-porous silicon-crystalline silicon microcantilevers as bimodal mechanical-optoplasmonic biosensing interfaces”. Lecture at 28th Anniversary World Congress on Biosensors 2018. Miami, United States, 12-15 June 2018.
- C. Rodriguez, V. Torres Costa, A. Díaz, V. Cebrián, O. Ahumada, M. Manso-Silván, “Impedance biosensor interface based on nanostructured porous silicon”. Poster presentation at 28th Anniversary World Congress on Biosensors 2018. Miami, United States, 12-15 June 2018.
- V. Cebrian, “Ultrasensitive Scanning Laser Analyser for Biomedical Applications”. Lecture at NanoBio&Med 2016. Barcelona, Spain, 22-24 November 2016.
- O. Ahumada, “Mecwins: biomedicine applications using ultrasensitive technology”. Lecture at BioSpain 2016 – Investors forum. Bilbao, Spain, 28 – 30 September 2016.
- “SCALA Bio, Scanning Laser Analyzer”. Poster presentation at China Physical Society Fall Meeting 2016. Beijing, P. R. China, 1-4 September 2016.
- A. Salvador-Matar, A. Thon, O. Ahumada, and Rajul S. Patkar, “Development of a hybrid chamber for combined measurements in liquid environments”. Lecture at 13th Annual International Workshop on Nanomechanical Sensing (NMC2016). Delft, The Netherlands, 22-24 June 2016.
- R. Calleja, “Mecwins: developing biomedicine applications using nanomechanical sensors”. Lecture at Nano Bio&Med 2015. Barcelona, Spain, 18 – 20 November 2015.
- P. Carreras, A. Salvador, R. Calleja, M. Calleja, J. Tamayo and O. Ahumada, “Towards the development of a Point of Care system integrating a microfluidic cartridge with SCALA technology”. Poster presentation at 4th Asia-Pacific Chemical and Biological Microfluidics Conference 2015. Da Nang, Vietnam, 2 – 4 November 2015.
- R. Calleja, “Mecwins: moving towards personalized medicine”. Lecture at Nanoforum 2015. Milano, Italy, 29 September- 2 October 2015.
- O. Ahumada, “Biomedicine applications of Mecwins technology: nanomechanical detection of cardiac biomarkers in human whole blood by using SCALA (SCAnning Laser Analyzer)”. Lecture at Nanoforum 2015. Milano, Italy, 29 September- 2 October 2015.
- C. Rodriguez, M. Manso-Silván, V. Torres, O. Ahumada, “Humidity effects at the organic/porous silicon sensor interface”. Lecture at 4th International Conference on Bio-Sensing Technology (BITE 2015). Lisbon, Portugal, 10 – 13 May 2015.
- Gómez-Abad C., Esteves C., Carreras P., Cebrián V., Kosaka P.M. , Calleja M. , Tamayo J. and Ahumada O. , “SCALA as a characterization tool for the nanomechanical detection of biomarkers in human whole blood”. Poster presentation at 4th International Conference on Bio-Sensing Technology (BITE 2015). Lisbon, Portugal, 10 – 13 May 2015.
- I. Gonzalez, P. Carreras, M. Aleixandre and O. Ahumada , “Ultrasonic enrichment of flowing blood cells in capillaries: influence of the flow rate”. Poster presentation at 2015 International Congress on Ultrasonics (ICU 2015). Metz, France, 10 – 14 May 2015.
- C. Esteves, A. Salvador-Matar, B. Antunes and O. Ahumada, “Static and dynamic characterization of cantilevers in blood-like fluidics”. Poster presentation at 11th Annual International Workshop on Nanomechanical Sensing (NMC2014). Madrid, Spain, 30 April – 2 May 2014.
- O. Ahumada, N.F. Martínez, C.A. Esteves. D. Dattilo, M. Casella, S. Chistè, G. de Ceglia, “Toward the first comercial DNA nanomechanical sensor”. Poster presentation at 8th International Nanomechanical Workshop (NMC). Dublin, Ireland, 11-13th May 2011.
- O. Ahumada, N. F. Martinez, C. A. Esteves, M. Calleja and J. Tamayo, “New technology for the readout of arrays of micromechanical sensors for biomedical applications”. Lecture at Imaginenano. Bilbao, Spain, 11-14th April 2011.
- C. Esteves, N.F. Martínez and O. Ahumada, “Characterization of nanomechanical biosensors for DNA detection by SCAnning Light Analyzer and Fluorescence Microscopy”. Poster presentation at Imaginenano. Bilbao, Spain, 11-14th April 2011.
- M. J. Oliver, C. A. Esteves, N. F. Martinez, J. Hernando, O. Ahumada, J. L. Sánchez de Rojas, M. Calleja and J. Tamayo, “Protein Detection with Scanning Light Analyzer”. Poster presentation at Imaginenano. Bilbao, Spain, 11-14th April 2011.
- O. Ahumada, N. F. Martínez, C. A. Esteves, M. Calleja and J. Tamayo, “New technology for the read-out of arrays of micromechanical sensors for biomedical applications”. Poster presentation at Imaginenano. Bilbao, Spain, 11-14th April 2011.